Mannix welcomes all students studying at Monash University, including those undertaking exchange programs. Our diverse and inclusive community is made up of students from all around Australia and the world who want to be involved in community life. In 2023, we have residents from 14 different nations in the College.x, fill out this form.
The Mannix experience is unique at Monash. All students have the opportunity to benefit from a great social network, academic assistance, pastoral and welfare support, delicious and nutritious meals, sports, social and community activities, music and cultural programs, and leadership opportunities. We are fully catered and offer a weekly housekeeping service.
Our comprehensive offering is excellent value compared to other accommodation options. If you wish to express interest in accommodation at Mannix, fill out this form.
Life at Mannix
International and Study Abroad / Exchange students lead a range of activities to share and celebrate diverse cultures with the broader Mannix community. Each semester all students organise a great calendar of social events, as well as guest speakers, workshops and more. These are wonderful opportunities to meet new people and make lifelong friends, from Australia and from all around the world.
Moving to a new city or country to study can be a big change. We have dedicated staff to assist international and Study Abroad / Exchange students every step of the way. Onsite peer support and counselling services are also available.
Mannix offers different accommodation options and durations depending on your student type so please take a moment to check out the table below to see what you are eligible to enjoy with us.
|Student Type||Length of Stay||Accommodation Options|
|Domestic Undergraduate||2 semesters||Residential Floors|
|Domestic Postgraduate||2 semesters||Gryphon House|
|International Undergraduate||1 semester or less||Gryphon House|
|International Undergraduate||2 semesters||Residential Floors|
|International Postgraduate||1 semester or less||Gryphon House|
|International Postgraduate||2 semesters||Gryphon House|
|Study Abroad / Exchange||1 semester or less||Gryphon House|
|Study Abroad / Exchange||2 semesters||Residential Floors|
About Gryphon House
Gryphon House at Mannix College offers an independent yet supported residential experience on the doorstep of Monash University’s Clayton campus.
Gryphon House Residents enjoy architecturally designed modern apartments and a beautiful shared common space where you can study, relax and socialise. You will also be part of the Mannix community and can connect with our many services, supports and social opportunities.
What’s Included for Gryphon House Residents
Your own 23sqm room with:
– Queen bed and bedside table
– Flat-screen television and mini-bar fridge
– Split cycle air conditioning
– Built-in desk, chair and shelving
– Fully equipped en-suite bathroom
– Wardrobe and drawers
– Internet access
– Smoke alarm, automatic sprinkler, locks on all doors and windows
– Iron and ironing board
– Lounge chair and coffee table
- 20 meals per week, lovingly prepared by our College chefs and served in our Dining Hall
- 24/7 access to the College pastoral care and security services
- Social lounge with desktop computer and television plus kitchen area that includes a microwave, refrigerator, sink, bench space and dishwasher
- Access to all College flagship programs and events, including tutorials, sports, Formal Dinners, and social activities, offering you plenty of opportunities to settle in, enhance your learning and make life-long friends.
- Access to College facilities, including sports court, library, gym, study rooms, social lounges, laundry facilities, gardens and secure bike shed
- Weekly room cleaning
- Linen, including sheets, pillows, blankets, a duvet and towels
- Learn more about how to apply here
- Learn more about fees here
The following are eligible to apply to reside in Gryphon House:
- Undergraduate International, Study Abroad, Exchange and Global Intercampus students who want a one semester residential contract AND intend to or are currently enrolled in an on-campus Bachelor degree at Monash University
- Postgraduate students who intend to or are currently enrolled in an on-campus postgraduate degree at Monash University
You must also be over the age of 18.
You can apply before you have received a study offer from the University, but you will need to provide evidence of your enrolment at Monash University prior to moving in and signing a residency agreement.
For information about how to apply, please click here.
Culture & Inclusion
Our culture is energetic, diverse, welcoming and student-led. At Mannix, we want to get to know the real, authentic and quirky you.
Safety & Convenience
Enjoy the safety and convenience of living in a catered and secure community opposite Monash University’s Clayton campus.
Fees & Scholarships
Mannix offers the best all-round university living experience at Monash University. Fees are all-inclusive, giving you peace of mind.
Save the date; new resident applications for the 2023 academic year open on Sunday 2 August 2022. Run, don’t walk.