The Mannix Awards program recognises Mannix alumni and staff who have demonstrated significant accomplishments in their personal and professional life, or for service to their community, state or nation.
Each year, nominations are sought from the Mannix community in the following categories:
- Distinguished Alumni Award for alumni aged 35 or over
- Outstanding Alumni Award for alumni aged 25-34
- Rising Star Award for alumni aged 18-24
- Staff Recognition Award for any current or former Mannix College employee.
Multiple awards may be awarded per category. Awards may be awarded posthumously.
Nominations for the 2023 awards close on November 1, 2023.
Nominees must be an alumni or staff member of Mannix College who have, over an extensive and sustained period of time, demonstrated professional or personal success in two or more the following areas:
Outstanding professional achievements
- Recognised as a leader/expert or emerging talent in their field
- Significant achievement(s) throughout their career to date
Significant community service achievements
- Dedication of significant personal/professional time for charitable/community support activities
Inspirational leadership within their fields of expertise
- Mentoring employees/younger
- Advocacy of access and diversity
- Encouraging philanthropy and community support
- Providing leadership
Outstanding personal qualities
- Engaging in, or enabling personal philanthropy
- Success in the face of adversity.
You may nominate yourself for an award.
- Connie Neilson: Staff Recognition Award
- Mandhree Ekanayake: Rising Star Alumni Award
- Jason Clymo: Outstanding Alumni Award
- Tony Johnson: Distinguished Alumni Award
Announcements & Other
The Alumni Awards will be both announced and presented at the Gryphon Gala, the premier annual Mannix alumni event, and publicised through College communication channels following the event. If the successful nominee is present at the event, the Award will be made in person, otherwise it will be announced at the event and sent to the successful nominee at a nominated address afterwards.
Should the recipient of any award outlined in this document bring dishonour to the award through proven fault or activities unacceptable to the general community, the award may be rescinded by Mannix College.
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.