Mannix College Awards aim to recognise, encourage and reward Alumni excellence across a broad range of criteria.
Launched in 2022, the Mannix Awards program recognises Mannix alumni and staff who have demonstrated significant accomplishments in their personal and professional life, or for service to their community, state or nation.
The Awards program demonstrates the College’s enduring interest in the achievements, successes and welfare of former residents and seeks to instil a sense of pride in the wider Mannix College community.
A big congratulations to all of our Award winners for 2022:
- Connie Neilson: Staff Recognition Award
- Mandhree Ekanayake: Rising Star Alumni Award
- Jason Clymo: Outstanding Alumni Award
- Tony Johnson: Distinguished Alumni Award
Make sure to keep a lookout on this page for updates regarding the 2023 Alumni Awards and to access the 2023 Award nomination form.
The College will call for nominations from Alumni, Staff, Volunteers and Friends of Mannix College through available communications channels.
Nominations are sought from the Mannix community in the following categories:
- Distinguished Alumni Award: for alumni aged 35 or over
- Outstanding Alumni Award: for alumni aged 25-34
- Rising Star Award: for alumni aged 18-24
- Staff Recognition Award: recognising the dedicated and exemplary service of any current or former Mannix College employee.
Multiple awards may be awarded per category. Awards may be awarded posthumously.
Nominees must be an alumni or staff member of Mannix College who have, over an extensive and sustained period of time, demonstrated professional or personal success in two or more the following areas:
Outstanding professional achievements
- Recognised as a leader/expert or emerging talent in their field
- Significant achievement(s) throughout their career to date
Significant community service achievements
- Dedication of significant personal/professional time for charitable/community support activities
Inspirational leadership within their fields of expertise
- Mentoring employees/younger
- Advocacy of access and diversity
- Encouraging philanthropy and community support
- Providing leadership
Outstanding personal qualities
- Engaging in, or enabling personal philanthropy
- Success in the face of adversity.
Mannix College will establish a Selection Committee which will consider all nominations received by the advertised closing date.
The Selection Committee will be Chaired by the Principal.
Announcements & Other
The Alumni Awards will be both announced and presented at the Gryphon Gala, the premier annual Mannix alumni event, and publicised through College communication channels following the event. If the successful nominee is present at the event, the Award will be made in person, otherwise it will be announced at the event and sent to the successful nominee at a nominated address afterwards.
Should the recipient of any award outlined in this document bring dishonour to the award through proven fault or activities unacceptable to the general community, the award may be rescinded by Mannix College.
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.